Thursday, January 2, 2014

Returning to Writing

Greetings in this New Year of 2014!  I cannot believe I have not posted to this blog for a year and a half but such is life.  When we are, or at least I am at the pinnacle of stress, I find  it difficult to write except in my journal which no one would want to read.   It is easier to scream and cry out to God.  As challenging as 2013 was which included an untimely retirement, selling our house while living in it, dealing with health issues, driving two cars, one with a u-haul across country, buying a house, securing a loan, moving in, getting settled which included a developing relationship with the driver of the Big Blue Truck from Value Village - well it was all a bit much.  Now that I can look back, I am aware that God has given me a lifetime of material about which to write. 


I have been thinking and praying about returning to my blog and this morning I received a sign as well as encouragement from Ann Lamott’s book “Plan B”.  I suddenly thought - if she can write about surely teenagers and how possums have forked penises then I might have a chance of putting together a few thoughts.  So here I am back on the pages of life. If you are returning reader, I want to thank you for joining the throngs of two or three to see what I might have to say.  If somehow you have discovered me through other means, I look forward to having you join the conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment